Summer’s finally here! It’s time for nearly two full months of non-stop, wall-to-wall fun in the sun!
Most of the activities at our summer camps have been carefully chosen to suit the season. Summer brings with it high temperatures, long days, and perfect afternoons. Our activity programmes are designed to let children enjoy as much fun in the sun as possible, while at the same time providing plenty of opportunities to cool off.
Here’s 9 of our favourite fun summer activities for kids:
1. Football – Of course, not all kids enjoy sport, but a game of football at a Barracudas Activity Camp is basically an excuse to run and play in the sunshine – and that’s what summer’s all about!
2. Swimming – Some of our camps have swimming pools, and with the Barracudas Swim School, kids can cool off in the water while acquiring essential new life skills.
3. Aquaslide – A wet and wild activity for every camp, even those without a pool! There’s no educational element to this one – just an unmissable opportunity to cool down while simultaneously burning some of that excess energy.
4. Trampoline – No child can resist the trampoline, which is why the Barracudas timetables are full of chances to bounce!
5. Ultimate Frizbee – An activity that combines all the best bits of summer camps – skill, teamwork, and unforgettable fun and frolicking in the sun.
6. Arts and Crafts – We have plenty of indoor activities for the rainy days, and for the times when the kids need a break from the sun. With activities such as clay modelling, jewellery making, and puppet making, your child can let their creativity soar.
7. All Singing, All Dancing – Some kids are natural performers born for the stage. With drama classes and talent shows, we like to give kids a chance to sing, dance, and perform to an appreciative audience.
8. A Whole World of Fun – In order to make our activity programme as varied as possible, we’ve borrowed a few ideas from across the world. With soft ball, basketball, Barrumba, handball, kinball, and volleyball, your kids can broaden their horizons and enjoy a whole world of fun!
9. Theme Days – Whether it’s robots, superheroes, or characters from books and films, our theme days give kids a chance to let their imaginations run wild!
No two days at Barracudas are ever the same. The range of activities varies depending on the camp and the age of the child. For a general idea of what to expect, take a look at our sample programmes.