Kids get the chance to go wild at Barracudas each Friday with our Theme Days. Here are a few simple ideas for our fabulous theme days this summer.
Friday 19th July
Celebrations from Around the Globe
You could celebrate St Patrick’s Day by wearing green, get in the carnival spirit by wearing lots of bright colours or you could wear the National dress of another country.
• Egyptian - Use a white pillow case for a dress decorate a paper plate as a necklace to make an Egyptian outfit.
• Mexico – You need a blanket, a shawl or a piece of square fabric. Cut a hole in the centre to create a poncho. Add a Mexican hat & maracas to finish the look.
• Spain – How about a matador or a Spanish dancer
• Ireland - a leprechaun
• Carnival – Layer up the colour for this one! Bright T-shirt, legs or skirt. Costume Jewellery & face paint. Create your own feather headdress or just put feathers in your hair. Or why not go for a Hawaiian shirt? Lots of fun to be had here.
Friday 26th July
Whacky Socks, Crazy Locks!
Get your best funky socks out today, you can even pull them up over your trousers for everyone to see.
• Why not decorate your own socks?! We’d love to see some creatively crazy designs!!
• Match those socks with an awesome hair do! Plaits, sparkly headbands and Mohawks all acceptable.
• You could use hair chalks to create colour or design your own style. Super fun & funky. There is some great inspiration here.
Friday 2nd August
Welcome to Neverland!
In 2019 we're working with GOSH as our Charity of the Year so today we encourage you to sprinkle a little fairy dust around camp by coming as a character from Peter Pan!
• Peter Pan & Tinkerbell, use a green T-shirt to create a look. Make an easy no-sew hat. Watch the video.
• For fairy wings you will need a wire coat hanger or garden wire. Shape into 2 wings & cover with a pair of white or light coloured tights. Fix with ribbon. See the video tutorial here.
• Pirates & captain hook – Stripy T & a red bandana, cut the bottom of an old pair of joggers, trousers or shorts in a zig zag, add a waistcoat if you have one & an eye patch to finish. Agrrr
Friday 9th August
• There' s already so much colour on camp with all the fun activities we do so how about a bit of contrast by wearing only black and white today. It'll really make the other colours on camp stand out!
Friday 16th August
Billy’s Beach Party
Celebrate the summer vibe with Billy!
• Hawaiian shirts, grass skirts & flower necklaces. • Show off your summer gear, sunnies shorts & flip flops (although please remember sensible shoes for activities). • A floral dress with a flower in your hair.
Friday 23rd August
We’d love to see some creativity & colour today!! Fun & fancy masks, the sky is the limit! However, don’t worry if you haven’t got one already, or aren’t able to make one at home, there'll be an opportunity to create one on camp if you'd like to.
Friday 30th August
• Bright fresh colours, t- shirts, floral prints, wear some flowers in your hair or some bunny ears!
• Come to camp in your sunglasses, shorts, & bright colours… bring some summer fun!
• Wear warm colours • Attach some leaves to a t-shirt, headband or other clothing • Dress as a fox or a squirrel.
• How fun would it be to bring some Christmas to camp in August! Santa, Reindeer, or some Christmassy socks & hat. Would be so much fun.
• Be a winter character - Elsa from Frozen or Jack frost.
• Come wearing your scarf & hat! Simple!
We hope this has given you some inspiration for our summer Theme Days. We're looking forward to seeing all the crazy creations this year!