- Why Barracudas?
- Work for us
Some of you may be aware it’s national sandwich day on Sunday 3rd November. To celebrate the day of this lunchbox staple we have put together a few sandwich fillings for you to try out with your children and maybe give them something new to try in their packed lunch box this term.
We know it can sometimes be a struggle to come up with kid friendly lunch ideas for school. We’re parents too and have gone through our own successes and failures with finding healthy sandwich ideas for kids which they’ll also enjoy!
Why not try out a vegetarian option in your child’s lunchbox. November is a great month to give one of these ago as this month families can get involved with the National Veg Pledge.
• Egg mayo and cress – a classic!
• Hummus with sliced cucumber – why not add in other veggies your child may enjoy such a sliced cherry tomatoes
• Carrot and raisin - not sure? Try out this carrot and raisin sandwich recipe
If you are not taking on the Veg Pledge this month and want something higher in protein why not try one of these meat options:
• Ham slices with cream cheese, in tortilla wraps
• Pepperoni slices with cheese and tomatoes – for children who are pizza lovers!
• Avocado and sliced roast chicken
It can be slightly more difficult to find tasty gluten free options that your child can still enjoy. However, there are now more and more recipes and ideas out there for adults and children who are gluten free with lots of inspiration to offer out.
Some great gluten free sandwich fillings are:
• Tuna mayo with sweetcorn
• Chicken salad – be sure to check it’s not cooked with breadcrumbs!
• The classic cheese sandwich – All cheese is gluten free, yay!
For some more gluten free sandwich ideas for national sandwich day (or any other day) check out these great filling ideas from The Gluten Free Blogger.
As well as the fillings, the most important part of a yummy gluten free sandwich is finding a great alternative to regular bread. Some great options that we have found include:
• Quinoa Wraps
• Sourdough bread
• Rye bread
Sorry there are no available camps.