As you are aware, Barracudas are registered with OFSTED who inspect all registered childcare providers and judge the quality of care given to children. Barracudas at Haileybury, Hertford, had their inspection over Easter and we are really pleased to tell you they were awarded with the overall grade of OUTSTANDING!
It is a real achievement and can be very difficult for short term providers, like holiday schemes, to achieve such a grade.
Some details the inspector commented on include:-
- The management team’s infectious enthusiasm and the staff’s genuine aim to provide consistently high standards of care means that they continuously evaluate their practice and make changes to improve outcomes for all children and parents.
- The exceptional range of activities on offer ensures that children’s interests and knowledge are continually extended.
- Children enjoy their time at camp and show high levels of independence, imagination and concentration. They forge friendships with the staff and each other and their behaviour is excellent.
- The children clearly thrive because the camp has developed highly effective practices and procedures for promoting learning and play.
- The camp provides a highly vibrant and stimulating environment.
- Children’s well-being is meticulously enhanced by the exceptional organisation of the camp
We are pleased to say that many of the staff who worked at the Hertford Easter camp will be returning this summer to give your children the same high levels of care. This includes both the Camp Manager and the Early Years Manager, who as you can see in the report expect very high standards!