- Why Barracudas?
- Work for us
Fridays are a big day at Barracudas summer camps. On top of all our other exciting summer camp activities, we like to end the week in style with our Theme Days.
This is when kids get the opportunity dress a little crazy, interpreting our theme in their own unique way.
As we're getting excited about opening the doors to our summer camps this year, we thought we'd share some easy costume ideas with you.
In the jungle, the mighty jungle– Friday 20th July
Snakes, monkeys, tigers and birds. You could come as a jungle creature or part of the jungle itself!
• Tree - Brown trousers and a green t-shirt
• Sun - Bright orange and yellow clothes will mean you shine bright!
• Zebra – Stripy Leggings & a T shirt. You could even paint or draw black stripes onto a white t shirt
• Parrot – Wear layers of bright colours
• Elephant – Wear all grey items
• Lion – Wear Orange & maybe you could back comb your hair & turn it into a mane!
• Make a mask – you could print out & colour in an animal mask for your animal of choice
A long time ago… – Friday 27th July
Flick through your history books and take a look at who walked the earth before you were born. Go as far back as you like!
• Egyptian – White pillow case – cut a hole for head & arms. Belt around the waist or use a rope style tie. Create a necklace out cardboard, an empty cereal box is perfect. Let the children decorate with colours, gold, jewels! Let their creativity flow. Accessorise with any beads or costume jewellery & some black eyeliner to finish
• A historical King or Queen – create & decorate your own beautiful crown. Free print out available here
• Knight of the round table – A shield & a sword – this is a great link that shows how to have fun making your own
• Viking – Fur cuffs, trimmed boots & a gillet. For long hair, pigtail plaits. Shorts/skirt & a t-shirt. Why not use our ‘How to make a Knight’s Shield’ link above, only make it a circular shield & a mallet shaped sword
• Chef/Baker – For something a bit different - Be a baker from the Fire of London that started in Pudding Lane. Dress all in white with a chefs hat!
Sports day – Friday 3rd August
On your marks, get set, dress up! Here at Barracudas every day’s a sports day. But join us in the ultimate sports day dress up.
• Dress for your favourite sport. Come in your football kit, cricket gear, dance catsuit or Karate suit
• Tennis Star – Dress all in white with sweat bands & head band
• Aerobics – Leggings, leg warmers, trainers & leotard
• Cheerleader – skirt, vest, & have fun creating your own pom poms!
Wacky socks, crazy locks! – Friday 10th August
It’s time to get colourful!! Today’s the day where you can pull up your socks and come to camp with a crazy new hairdo! Get creative and colour or style your hair along with wearing the wackiest pair of socks in your top draw.
• Wear your wackiest socks! Or create your own colourful ones. Dampen a pair of plain white socks. Then use sharpie style/felt pens to decorate. Watch your socks turn into a beautiful watercolour design
• Crazy Hair! Use hair chalks to create colour or design your own style. Super fun & funky. There is some great inspiration here
Save the day! – Friday 17th August
Hero or Villain? We each have our favourite hero or villain. Barracudas invites you to dress up as yours! Will you be causing the mischief or saving the day? You could come as a superhero or an everyday hero like a doctor, nurse, soldier or fireman.
• Come as an everyday hero like a doctor, nurse, soldier or fireman
• Super Hero or Villain – Become your very own hero or villain character by creating a simple cape out of an old T-shirt! A great step by step link here
Circus and Carnival – Friday 24th August
Let’s bring these festivals of fun on to camp today. Get into the carnival spirit!
• Carnival – Layer up the colour for this one! Bright T-shirt, legs or skirt. Costume Jewellery & face paint. Create your own feather headdress or just put feathers in your hair. Or why not go for a Hawaiian shirt? Lots of fun to be had here
• Clown – so lets get clowning around! Braces, bright colours, Stripy legs, red nose. You could decorate a Tshirt with pom poms for buttons. This link shows a cute & easy way to create some clown accessories
• Weight lifter – Wear a moustache, stripy shorts or legs & a vest! Use transfer tattoos or use a liquid eyeliner to draw some on. Slick your hair down in a centre parting to add a little attention to detail
• Ringmaster - A red top or jacket, black legs. A black hat. Maybe make a top hat out or card
We're looking forward to welcoming the children to our summer camps this year - and seeing their weird and wonderful creations!